Thursday, August 23, 2007

Unlimited Textiles


I have just finished my "Getting to know you" quiltie for the Unlimited Textile Yahoo Group. This is for Susan of Random Blethers and I do hope she doesn't look at my blog before it arrives with her. Im quite pleased with this one based on Egypt and I found it really enjoyable, so I will be making more of them.


This is a postcard I received this morning and I love it. It was made by Patsy of Threads ~ n ~ Fibers . I'm in an Embellisher layered postcard swap on the Surface Design Yahoo Group. I know there is a lot of work and commitment when you join a swap, but I find it makes me do things I would not otherwise dream of doing. It makes me think outside the box and experiment far more than I normally would.

24 comments:

sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue B said...

Mags that quiltie is fabulous.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely little quilt. What size is it?

meggie said...

I really like that Egyptian themed work. Very nice.

Susan D said...

Love your Egyptian quiltie. They are great to make just a nice size aren't they.

Cellostitcher said...

This quiltie is stunning. I love it.

arlee said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm so warm, lovely that quiltie--is 5x5 a "standard" for these?

MargaretR said...

I don't know if that's a standard size Arlee as it's my first one and it had to be 5x5.

StegArt said...

Fabulous Mags!

Jacquelines blog said...

You're quilty looks beautiful Margaret!!!! It a great theme.

Stitchety Grub said...

I LOVE your Egypt piece... My hubby and I went to the Art Gallery of Western Australia yesterday where there is an exhibition on Egyptian artifacts on loan from the Louvre ... the eye of Horus captured my attention straight away ... well done it's faaaaab! Britt:D

Deb Geyer said...

Fun!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Love the quiltie!

Waltraud said...

Great little quilt!

Ro Bruhn said...

Love your Eygptian quilt, the colours are superb, I love the design too.

Carol said...

Fabulous quiltie Mags and I just know that Susan will love it.

Homeleightigger said...

Fabulous Quiltie Mags - love your interpretation of the theme. Lucky Sue. Val

Papoosue said...

I do love it!!!! Thank you Margaret, I think the quiltie is just wonderful, the colours, the texture - fantastic, thank you so much.

Judy Scott said...

fabulous wow :) Jx

Susan said...

Hi!
Egyptian inspiration is always something that catches my attention. Your quiltie held my attention for quite some time. Fabulous work, beautifully done, as always!
Susan

Mermaid's Purse said...

The Egyptian piece is lovely - so very well thought out! Thankyou for stopping by my page.

Micki said...

Wow, love the little quiltie. Great theme.

Gunnels blog said...

This little quiltie is wonderful - love it!

Alis said...

That is such a beautiful quiltie Mags.
I really love it and the postcard.

I feel like that about swaps too. Makes me get my head down and produce something.