Sunday, September 23, 2007

Autumn portent and textured Vessels WIP



What a difference a bit of sun and 50 yards distance can make. I was sent the top one by John a kind neighbour and we only live about 50 yards apart. This was obviously taken in the sun. Below is mine taken early morning when it was still slightly damp and misty.


I can just imagine this one finished, the fabric Gill used was wonderful and she took great care with placing it on each base to make sure it looked good. the butterflies were very important. If she had turned her back for minute I would have been tempted to take this one with me (smile) Not really Gill!


I'm sorry this has a background of newspaper, but it had to be carried to the show and tell table like this.





9 comments:

verobirdie said...

Those two yellow trees looks great in both pictures. And if you look at those pictures on a white background, and on the background of your blog, the pictures look again different.
I understand you would have taken the vessel of your friend :-) it is going to be wonderful.

Sue B said...

All of these are wonderful, I can't wait to see them as vessels.

MargaretR said...

Thanks Viro and Sue. I certainly hope they will be at the exhibition and all finished.

Judy Scott said...

wow I want to make a vessel too now, these are going to be amazing. The photos are wonderful what a fabulous view you have, Judy :)

Barbara said...

looking forward to see them as vessels ! love your photograph too!

meggie said...

Wonderful pics!
Those works are beautiful also.

Purple Missus said...

These vessels have really got you excited haven't they Mags? Mind you, I can understand why. They're all such wonderful shapes too.

Valeri said...

These are so interesting. The colours are yummy in the top two pieces. I have to keep repeating..I have not got time to make vessels! I shall look forward to seeing more!

Helen Suzanne said...

what wonderful shapes these vessels are going to be. I really like them... mini vessels as tree decorations? (oops sorry I've had to start thinking early this year) - lovely work mags and would love to see them completed.