Sunday, September 02, 2007

Clearing the decks





I have been finishing my Tissue Paper Study squares (6") for the Surface Design Yahoo Group swap. I have enjoyed this very much and hope to do some more studying of this medium soon. The photo is not very good as I took it this evening and the lighting is not very good for photography, there's something wrong with the contrast in these photos. I will replace it if I have time in the morning.

The embellisher has had a short rest, but I need to make 4 Embellisher Layered postcards tomorrow. I'm clearing the decks so I can do the Fibre & Stitch challenge, create a piece of work inspired by Carol McFee's "Lutradur & Lace"
article in the premier issue. Many members have already made some lovely ones and I can't wait to start mine.

8 comments:

Sue B said...

These squares are very cool. I want to try to do the F&S challenge too.

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

The way you've combined the tissue paper with machine stitching is interesting. I like the 3rd one the best, because the randomness of the stitching draws me in for a closer look. What did you use for a base?

StegArt said...

Love these Mags...the colors and the stitching you've added are great.

meggie said...

These are lovely!

Judy Scott said...

These are lovely ~ love the colour, cant wait to see your L & L!! Have fun, Judy x

Alis said...

Gorgeous Mags.
I love the colours.

Gunnels blog said...

these pieces are so beautiful! I really love the colours!

Micki said...

Love these Mags. The colors are beautiful. Love the stitching on them.