Thursday, September 13, 2007

My felted piece

A very short post tonight as I must catch up with myself once more. I forgot to mention that all the felted work I showed here last night were 'wet felted' and a lot of hard work and fun went into those beautiful pieces of art.

I thought I'd show you one I 'made earlier' as they say. This was 'wet felted' at one of Mary's workshops and then stitched into. My young grandson of 6 months will not pass this on the wall without being allowed to stroke it for the past 2 months, so I call it Charlie's Red Felt now.


Below is a close-up.


This clock I believe is a Viennese clock and it was my husband's grandparents wedding gift to his parents. We have had this clock on the wall a long time now, but with our new alterations we are going to become modern and the antiques are going to be put away. I have a few things from my parents and grandparents too. I am also getting rid of a load of junk that I have collected over the years. This is going to be a new beginning for us. Maybe I will post a photo when we are finished. Did I say a short post?

11 comments:

Sue B said...

Charlie has good taste! Will the renovations take very long Mags?

Linda said...

I love your felted piece!! I haven't done wet felting yet but have recently started hand stitching on felt, I love what you are doing. And the pieces you posted wednesday from Mary's class are just incredible too!

Waltraud said...

A wonderful feltet piece.

Judy Scott said...

I'm smiling at the 'we are going to become modern' ~ that is so good. I think you're well and truely modern already!

Your felt work is wonderful and so rich and warm, Charlie has good taste.

I love renovating ~ hope you do too! Have a fab weekend ~ Judy x

Micki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micki said...

Trying this again (smile). I meant to say Fabulous piece, Mags.

Ro Bruhn said...

More great colour and what a fabulous clock. Look forward to seeing the renovations.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Love the felted piece, Mags, and all those lovely pieces in the last post.

Eva said...

That´s so strange with your old clock, it´s exactly the same clock as you have that my daughter and her husband got from my parents, and they have just renovate it at a clockmaker and will put it on their wall in their newbuilded and modern designed house!!: )

Eva said...

Your felted work is wonderful!!

Julie said...

I love the warmth of the colour, Margaret. Is the stitching all stitching or are the whorls applique? (if that's the right word).