Monday, September 03, 2007

A squeegy


Isn't this a beauty? I bought it this morning for under £2 in the kitchen section in Tesco's supermarket. They called it a 'squeegy', but a 'floor squeegy'. It's perfect for screen printing. I love screen printing when I get the chance. I'm a bit mean with some things and have always grudged paying a lot for a proper squeegy and before now I have made one using a windscreen wiper and a window cleaner, but this one is perfect and doesn't even need to be cut down. It is so beautiful and begs to be used for something other than cleaning floors. I think I'll treat myself to a few more of these.



I was watching these fishermen trawling their nets this morning, but I don't know if they caught anything. The sun was shining too much to take a good photo. But the net is very long from the boat to the fisherman on the shore, I managed to get one where you can just about see the net. Click to enlarge.

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi M,
How wide is your little squeegy please? I could do with a small one or three!

Dorothy

Sue B said...

Now that is a good looking squeegy!

Fran├žoise said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! My squeegees are very plain compared to yours...

Carol said...

Your squeegee is a lot more colourful than mine and cost a lot less.

Love your photographs Mags.

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Hi Mags.... suppose we had all better trott off to Tesco's and get a sqeegee to play with. Its great. Love the water photos... the sea glimmers so much it almost hurts the eyes.
Best Wishes
Maggie

Judy Rys said...

Funny, I've never heard of a floor squeegy. This is way too pretty to use on a floor.

Susan said...

Cute squeegy! I really like the second fisherman picture with the light dancing on the water.