Saturday, September 08, 2007

Textile Jewellery

This is my new friend Jemima

I must tell you about the new sewing machine I bought to take to classes, it's a Janome Gem Platinum 720. Here is a photo of her and she's called Jemima. What a fantastic little worker she is, she fulfilled all expectations and worked like a dream the entire time.

This is in reply to the latest comments. You are a curious lot!


My amber pendant


I thought you would probably like a little closer look?




Below is the sample I made as our introduction to the techniques and Carol told us it could be made into a brooch, a bracelet, on a book cover or to make into a pendant. I just love these pendants and intend to make one to go with all my plain outfits. I enjoyed making it and I love the way it looks and rests around my neck. So I think I will make this sample into a pendant. I need your help in deciding whether to have it as it is in the first image or the second? If you want to know about Carol and the workshop check it here



I also made this quick little sample below. I think I will put this back in the frame and work on it a bit more.


DH arrived home from the USA as I was writing this post and I'm very happy to see him, especially as he bought me a very thoughtful gift. A book on jewellery.


I hope that has satisfied your curiosity?

16 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

The pendant is beautiful and this ALL looks just so VERY exciting!

Papoosue said...

your pendant is very beautiful indeed. I remember Carol did a workshop with our quilt group but I didn't attend - I wish I had now! Jemima sounds great, I had always wondered just how good the little Gems would be and now you have answered my question!

Waltraud said...

Wonderful results!

Vicki W said...

The pendant is beautiful! I have the little sister to your machine - the Jem Gold. Janome really did hit gold with these machines. They are real workhorses and make a beautiful stitch.

Judy Scott said...

well the results are truly beautiful, I love the second view and I would have it hang that way but try it both ways on your skin and look in the mirror (youve probably done that already though), either way they are lovely. I love my Janome too which I take to classes, Ive had it ages its the quilters edition, its never let me down yet!!
Have a good week
Judy x

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Well you've satisfied our curiosity about the jewellry... thanks......now need to hear more about the machine.... got any samples about what it will do? Am really curious again.

Best wishes
Maggie

Sandy said...

Beautiful work. I like the sample on the diagonal. Sandy

Micki said...

Your amber pendant is fantastic. I like the other on point.

Gunnels blog said...

Very beautiful pendant!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Very pretty! I have an old Janome sewing machine and now my Mom's. I have never named my machines, maybe I should because the are my best friends and I do talk to them. Enjoy your new friend.

Frederique said...

Very nice pendant, and your machine is great also. Have fun with it!

Sue B said...

That amber pendant is beautiful. I'll bet that looks lovely and my choice would be to set the other one on point.

Linda said...

I love it and Carol's work also. Like it best on the diagonal.
Linda T

Carol said...

Love the pendant and I love the purple one to come. For me i would have it diamond orientation, No2 as i think it just has more oomph that way. Just my 2p!

Sue Wild said...

That is a lovely pendant Margaret, really beautiful.

Jacquelines blog said...

It is lovely Margaret!!!!!