Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Textured Vessels 2

These are the vessels that Marcia Crookes brought with her to the workshop. What wonderful inspirational work. I agree with all those people who have written to say how lucky I am to be able to go to so many wonderful workshops. I will sign up for any workshop that's going almost before I know what they are and I have never been disappointed.
I would like to tell you that Marcia is free to give workshops, but she is a very busy lady. Have a look at her website here to find a simple explanation why she does not do workshops that are more than about 40 miles from home.
This is her Website Marcia Crookes She taught City and Guilds embroidery and will give workshops on any aspect of embroidery within that 40 mile limit. Go and have a look at her beautiful handbags on the website, she is preparing for the Fashion, Embroidery and Stitch show at Harrogate from the 5th to the 7th of October. do go and have a look at her work if you get the chance.
Tomorrow I will share the WIP's of the other students in the group. They were much more adventurous than I was.



3 comments:

Joanna van said...

These are really great! I really like the twisting and curved one.

Judy Rys said...

These are wonderful. Lucky that you live closeby. Soon the dust will settle and you'll have running water! Yeah.

Sue B said...

Those are amazing and I'll bet they're really something up close and in person.