Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Textured Vessels

We are in the middle of alterations to our flat and the whole place is full of dust and I am unable to get to my studio in the loft. You can see I don't have much time to blog just now. Here though is a little taster of my weekend course with Marcia Crookes, a very clever lady. Below is some of her work. I will be posting better images of her vessels soon.




Here is a photo of the crowd of us with Marcia, with one standing on a chair taking the photo.


Here is the vessel I made in class and finished after going home the same night as I really enjoyed making it.


This is what it looked like before lacing it together.

13 comments:

Linda said...

Mags, you get to take the best workshops!! I love your vessel and the other pics, thanks again for sharing.
Linda

Carol said...

Oh clever and really lovely. Well done you! Love the colours, and fab timing as I think next month on Tc is going to be a vessel/3D object challenge!

StegArt said...

Wow, how cool is that?! I agree with Linda, you get to the best workshops ever! Wish there were some around here like them.

Vicki W said...

Wow! So cool!

Micki said...

Cool piece, Mags. Looks like it was a great workshop to take.

Doreen G said...

Amazing Margaret I wish I could do a workshop like that.

Sue B said...

Wow! That is very cool Mags, I love it.

crafty pam said...

Love the vessel was it a one day workshop if it was you must have worked like a demon

arlee said...

Sigh. That is wonderful. There are never any workshops here....sigh. That is SO wonderful :}

Sandy said...

You do get to some great workshops. Your vessel is wonderful. Sandy

Waltraud said...

That is wonderful, the colours - a great workshop!

Dianne said...

These are great!! Love that swirly one....

seedstitch.com said...

Hi margaret,
just got round to seeing your wonderful site - It's so full of fun and lots of exciting and beautiful works to see. Thank you so much for the lovely comments about my work and the workshop I did with you all - I feel quite embarassed about all the promotion you are giving me!
Don't forget the workshop went well because you al worked so hard and had the talent anyway.

I'm still hoping to get to the North Wales exhibition - of course as you know, the driving will be done by my husband, whilst I look at the birds and scenery!

I've added a link to this site from my blog now - sorry it has taken a while :)