Sunday, October 07, 2007

Mary's Art

I wanted to thank you all for the lovely comments on Mary Spence's commissions, I will make sure she sees them all.
As I'm still feeling quite groggy with this virus that seems to keep coming and going this is a short post. One minute I feel quite good and then it seems I'm back to square one, but I can't complain as my poor husband is much worse.


I thought you would all enjoy seeing another of Mary's recent commissions. This was for a retiring headmaster and Mary has created her work around his life, showing the coal-mining valley where he was brought up, his parents, wife and daughters and places he loved and at the top, the school where he was head teacher for many years. I'm sorry I have forgotten his name just now, but I will ask Mary and add it later.
(Update)The retiring headmaster's name is Clive Hamilton and he was the headmaster at Eirias High School, Colwyn Bay, North Wales.

I'm sure Mary won't mind if I have a little brag here as I did print out some of the family images onto fabric which were used in this work and I'm very proud to have had such a tiny part in this masterpiece.

10 comments:

Sue B said...

such a gorgeous piece of work, Mary is a very talented artist. It's a beautiful compilation of images and I suspect that it's even more striking in person.

Jacquelines blog said...

I hope you feel better soon Margaret!

StegArt said...

Great piece of art! Sorry to hear you aren't better...hopefully soon.

Barbara said...

what a wonderful work! I hope you feel better now!

Micki said...

Mary's piece is wonderful. I am sorry you are still feeling poorly. Sending get well vibes your way.

downunderdale said...

sorry to hear you haven't been well - hope you get better soon

Ali Honey said...

That's wonderful Mary and Margaret. Sending you "Well Wishes' and hope you and hubby are soon back to normal.

Julie said...

This is a beautiful piece of work Margaret. I hope you both soon feel much better. These viruses can be awful to shake off. Take it easy.

meggie said...

That just takes my breath away! What a fantastic work of art, & love!
Hope your nasties go soon!

Dianne said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!! This work is just absolutely magnificent!!!