Thursday, October 04, 2007

SerenTex AGM

Tuesday we had the AGM of our textile group. This group started out as the Serendipity Textile Group, but it has now been officially renamed SerenTex which was the name we used for our blog.

The AGM was held at Sue's lovely house which is a 'listed building', meaning it is very old and rather special. The meeting was very relaxed and we had a lovely meal and laughed a lot as usual. I should have been sensible and not joined in so much in the fun as my sore throat and cough came back with avengeance unfortunately.



Sue is on the left of this photo and Mary on the right. Mary brought with her two brilliant works of art she was commissioned to make. They are now the property of Dr Pat Barry.


This one was inspired by Morocco.


And this was inspired by Prague. The original was a painting and a mixed media work was commissioned from it.

13 comments:

Susan said...

Hi!
Your friend's work is absolutely amazing and reminds me how all mankind is somehow interlinked...the African inspired edging gave me this feeling. Anyway, the work is just wonderful. It has also been so much fun to live vicariously with a group of fiber enthusiasts through your brilliant and personal posts. How I envy such regular meeting of like minded people. With this in mind, are you or any of the group going to the annual Knitting and Stitching show in London?...at "Ally Pally" as I've learned you call it? My sister Wanda and I will be coming and would just love to meet fellow stitchers. We will definitely be going on Thursday...but other days or plans are totally open...except for evening opportunities to see my elder son dance with Birmingham Royal Ballet while they're performing during this same time at the Sadler's Wells Theater. What could be better than coupling embroidery with ballet?
Susan
mouse_house@prodigy.net

Helen Suzanne said...

wow

Purple Missus said...

What a very talented group of artists you belong to Mags. Lucky you. As Susan says, being able to see what you are all working on is a joy. (And there was me thinking Serentex was a Welsh term lol)

Sue B said...

Both of those pieces are fabulous! I especially love that Morocco piece.

carrie said...

Wow, those 2 quilts are fabulous

Waltraud said...

Beautiful works!

Cellostitcher said...

Fabulous work. I especially like the piece inspired by Morocco.

Ro Bruhn said...

Your friend's pieces are incredible , just divine
Ro
xo

kay susan said...

Congratulations Mary, lovely work! And envy from me, you all look as though you are having such a good time!

Micki said...

Mary's pieces are wonderful. I hope you get to feeling better.

meggie said...

Wow, wonderful works of art!

Dianne said...

Oh my, those pieces of art are absolutely fantastic!!! I love them both, but the one inspired by Prague is my favourite!!!

Papoosue said...

Goodness me, these are lovely.