Monday, November 05, 2007

North Wales Embroiderers' Guild 3

All photos can be enlarged by clicking on the image.


This is Susanne Owen with her wonderful Candle Holder that she made as part of her City and Guilds course, it will eventually be installed in her local church. I had a long chat with Susanne and she was telling me how she made it. She even made the stand and copper holders herself with a little help from her husband with the difficult bits. It is hand and machine embroidered.


Here is a closeup which will give you some idea of the beauty and craftsmanship of the work. The framed piece of work to the left is by our very own Miriam Forder of SerenTex.


And this is the SerenTex group effort, which I understand the Judge was very taken with and would have loved to give it some award. Isn't that wonderful?

There are still so many photos to show you, that I will probably just put them up without explanations as it takes up a lot of time and I get confused and forget who made what!

1 comment:

Karen Hall said...

So sorry to hear you have been poorly - I did wonder as I kept checking your pages - and nothing - and then lovely images appear - glad you are back and feeling better
warm regards
karen