Sunday, November 04, 2007

Reminders and bookmarks

These are the lovely bookmarks I had from Sue of Travel, Fibre and Thread and Sandy J, I'm sorry I can't find your blog just now Sandy. We are members of the Unlimited Textiles Yahoo Group and we are swapping moody blues bookmarks. I'm afraid I haven't got either of these colours right this time and they don't do them justice.



Both Joanna of SerenityisBliss and Carol of A Stitch in Time have been discussing Cyanotype Printing or Blue Printing and I had problems finding the ones I made some years ago. Carol mentioned creating transparencies on the computer to create a mask and below are some I made just like this on a course with Rosemary Muntus. I'm so glad I found them. We are very like minded Carol and myself as we both love the computer and what wonders can be created using some of these programs.





I think it was Joanna again who reminded me of a course I did with Maggie Grey a few years ago using softsculpt. The top is a mask and below a vessel I made. I always wish for more hours in the day and wish I had the time to have another go.



4 comments:

Joanna van said...

Mags, I love what you did with the softsculpt. Your impressions are fantastic. I'm curious if they were made from woodblocks on your mask? It kind of reminds me of a dragon. And, I love what you did with cynotypes. I can see this making a comeback. Using transparancies has so many possibilities.

Ro Bruhn said...

Beautiful work Margaret. love the vessel

sue said...

I've used softscult to make stamps but not as a material to stitch into-time to experiment further!

Nola said...

So many interesting things! I love the gorgeous mask.