Saturday, December 22, 2007

Textures

We have been discussing photographing textures on the Fibreandstitch Yahoo group. You can imagine the builder's surprise when he came up from lunch to find me crouching down taking photos of the wall after he'd just taken off the old tiles!I think they are beautiful anyway. I'm sure I will be able to use them soon.





I couldn't wait to try some of these out. I remember making flour paste and combing through it, but this time I used PSP filters. A wonderful way of procrastinating when there are so many things that need doing.



9 comments:

Vicki W said...

Ooooh! Very cool!

Dianne said...

Great textures!! Love the bottom picture.

Joanna van said...

I like this last one...really interesting!

Barbara said...

what a great texture...and...merry christmas and a happy new year..Barbara

Fran├žoise said...

Yes, I like the last one too. Beautiful.

Alis said...

Great pics Mags and I love what you did with them.

English Rose said...

I can quite understand the builder's confusion, but I'm with you, the textures are great. and I love what you have done with them. happy christmas Mags, and every good wish for 2008.

Sandy said...

Wonderful texture. SAndy

Liz said...

Brilliant, Mags! Love the wavy one in particular. Reminds me of the day I was caught by the next door neighbour making a print of our (very decorative Victorian) ventilation grid at the side of our house for C&G!! I can see great possibilities for these. Someone down our road obviously stepped in black paint because there is the most perfect shoe print - must take a photo of that sometime!