Friday, January 18, 2008

Done

The little project is finished and is now on it's way to the Netherlands to Emmy. Emmy wanted Mandalas for her fabric book and she also wanted to know what our Mandala means to us.


This one is based on today's culture of filling in every second of our time as if there's no tomorrow. I'm a great follower of this belief. My life is full of little boxes all full to the top and overlapping into each other. So the squares represent my boxes full of colourful exciting things that I do in my life. Textiles, photography and blogging taking a large part of my time. I have good friends and a wonderful family all in their own little boxes, then I have my fantastic textile friends that you have all met. The most exciting thing of all that has happened to me in the last few years is being on the Fibre and Stitch team. I lead a very full life.



This is a detail from the work.
The circle of stitches bring it all together. When I was young I loved dressmaking and designing my own embroideries, but then life took another turning and for many years I was too busy doing other things, but luckily for me it has come back full circle and I am now playing and designing textile again.

18 comments:

Sue B said...

Fabulous! Mags this is just stunning.

Waltraud said...

So beautiful!

Helen Cowans said...

This is beautiful and so inspirational. I need inspiration atm so thanks :) One of the best things I've seen on blogs for a while.

verobirdie said...

I'm sure Emmy will love it. Especially as there is a beautiful explanation to go with it. Congratulations!

Lynne said...

Mmm, it doesn't look like toffee anymore but is just stunning. The different colours in the pieces look like cosmic swirls.

Jacquelines blog said...

Emmy is a very lucky girl! It is gorgeous Margaret!

Angelcat said...

Your page is just gorgeous, I'm sure Emmy will love it!

Sara said...

That is very beautiful! It has been fun this past year or so to read your blog and see your work - and see you grow as an artist!

Helen Suzanne said...

i love the detail in the last pic which I didn't see properly in the other. I'm sure it will be well loved as it's beautiful.

Fran├žoise said...

Wonderful piece Mags! Emmy is very lucky.

... Paige said...

Lovely. I like how you used your favorite color- orange burning bright like the sun and bits of mine (purples)
and isn't it the truth, we have these separate parts of ourselves set aside for different things yet they are all part of us and there -one piece.
BTW-love your new room!

Elizabeth said...

This piece simply glows!!! It is radiant!
I have just tagged you for the You Make My Day Award for blogs, because everytime taht I visit- YOu make my day!!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

StegArt said...

Oh Mags it's gorgeous! You've outdone yourself.

Karin Hammel said...

Love your mandala piece. The colours are lovely and I´m sure Emmy is going to love it.

Kim said...

I do believe that Emmy will be very pleased! Lovely work and wonderful symbolism. I, too, feel that we should make the most of every second!

Sandy said...

Wonderful piece. I agree; I fill all my time too but mostly with fun fiber things. SAndy

Susan said...

Hi!
This is a fabulous page and your descriptive words make it even more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing and caring. Each stitch simply pricks the surface; the entire piece, however, gives meaning to thread, color, texture, and abounding love. Beautifully done.
Susan

Emmy said...

I could not resist I hade to look and it is so beautiful cant wait to feel