Sunday, January 13, 2008

Great post

Yesterday's post brought 3 great packages for me. I opened the lightest envelope first. I knew this was my page from Helen from FiberArtFriends, and I had chosen Doors or Windows as my theme for my book and this was a lovely page with one window on rust dyed cotton. It's fantastic. Helen made the window open so the artwork on the next page would show through. What a lovely idea. I have taken a photo of both sides of the page.



I then opened the heaviest package. I had sent for a copy of The Art of Zandra Rhodes on Dale's recommendation. Zandra's work has always inspired me and I have chosen her as my inspiration for my Take it Further challenge January « In a Minute Ago. I can't wait to have time to really enjoy this book. It was not cheap as it is now out of print and is considered collectible. I already have Zandra's latest book.


The third package was my Cloth, Paper Scissors magazine.Now how am I going to have time to get down to some real textile work?

6 comments:

Guzzisue said...

so much to do, so little time :)

Sue B said...

beautiful page from Helen and that looks like a great book.

Sandy said...

That's a wonderful page-very clever. Sandy

... Paige said...

Too cool & love the door below as well. Very clever folks you know

Anna said...

What a wonderful window page. Lucky you. I have also loved ZR for years and met her several times now. My signed copy of her book is refered to often! Look forward to seeing what you come up with for TIF

Kim said...

Lovely page from Helen.