Saturday, January 19, 2008

India

I'm so annoyed with myself. In my hurry to post this page on India to Helen from the FAF group I forgot to take a finished photo, but here are some photos I took as I was making it. It was posted this morning and should be with you on Monday, Helen.



This page again used my transfer painted fabrics, satins and organza with some strips of purple bought organza. I lost my Treasure Gold tubes, I have a few of them as I have to buy another when I can't find one. I now have 3 in gold. When I find them I shall put each one in a different place so I will be sure of finding at least one next time. Instead I used foil, which turned out quite well.

16 comments:

Carol said...

So lovely, and such a wonderful colour. Clever you.

Vicki W said...

It's really lovely! Maybe she will send you a photo when she received it - if she doesn't drool on it too much.

jenclair said...

How wonderful! Lucky Helen!

Micki said...

This is beautiful. Love the colors. I like the mandala for Emmy, too.

Waltraud said...

Beautiful ! I like the combination of the colours!

Joanna van said...

Mags..this is just beautiful. Your threadpainting is exquist and the colors all blend beautifully.

Kim said...

The thread work and the colors capture the spirit of Indian beautifully! Well done, it's lovely.

StegArt said...

Beautiful!

Helen Suzanne said...

I love this Mags. the colours are scrumptious and I really like the stitched elephant. He looks so rich.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

This is really wonderful, Helen is really lucky!
The colours are sublime here!
Yes we do both really love our colours don't we :-)

Sandy said...

I love it. The elephant is my totem animal. Sandy

Gina said...

That is absolutely stunning Mags. Such beautiful colour. Lucky Helen!

Barbara said...

gorgeous....wonderful...lovely......beautiful colours....

Sue B said...

fabulous colors in this Mags!

Blue is my colour said...

Margaret, I have nominated you for You Make My Day Award! I love your blog. Lesley

Helen in the UK said...

The finished piece is wonderful and arrived safely today (Monday). The surface has an almost luminous quality to it. Thank you :)