Wednesday, January 16, 2008

'Me' time

Here is some work I started last evening using some of my favourite fabrics all transfer painted and some pieces of paper using printouts of my computer designs. It's heavily free motioned with my Bernina, burnt with a heat gun and then cut up into squares and re-arranged. They will now be stitched together and added to.


I took my new camera with me to Chester and took some photos of some of the little gargoyles around the Cathedral. Aren't these little animals cuddly? One of them must have been very shy.


Now here is a real live little animal. This one teased me for about 15 minutes, digging her head in the leaves and only peeping out for seconds, so each time I clicked she'd hidden her head again. My hands were very cold by this time, but she did reward me with this one picture worth showing.


I thought you would like to see my new sitting room now that it's almost finished. I'm very pleased with the wardrobes and I have some lovely shelves to hide the rest of my books and the fabrics overflowing from my workroom.

15 comments:

Lynne said...

Ooh, that stitched piece looks like squares of toffee! I don't suppose it's glossy in real life but it looks like it could be in the photo - just like toffee. Gorgeous.

Waltraud said...

Great little pieces, like caramel!

Sue B said...

Great squares and I am loving that red sofa. Now when are we going to see pictures of the workroom?

meggie said...

Your sitting room does look nice & cosy!
I have just been catching up with all your blogs.
Fell in instant love with Seren, of course.

StegArt said...

Those squares are great...can't wait to see what more you do with them. The sitting area is looking sexy!

fiona d said...

the squares are delicious, so rich. I love the gargoyles too

Helen Suzanne said...

oo is this the newly done room at the back of the house you mentioned Mags? It does look cosy and I love the red sofa.

Micki said...

I need a new sofa, looked a while back but that's as far as it went. Yours looks fabulous. Love the squares.

Dianne said...

I love the square pieces your made Mags -they remind me of toffee - yum!! These gargoyles are kinda cute - but some are a bit scary.....think I'll stick to my fairies.

Alis said...

Fabulous pieces Mags.

Great photos too and your sitting room looks very restful and inviting.

Angelcat said...

Those squares are wonderful, the colours are so rich.

clevelandgirlie said...

Digi Gran -- you make some of the most amazing stuff. I've check out Seren Tex several times as well - what a wonderfully talented and inspiring group of artists. I so admire your work and your spirit.

Sandy said...

Wonderful experiment. The sitting room looks welcoming, the animals cute. Sandy

Michelle said...

Love the piece at the top, Mags! Gorgeous colors!!

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Beautiful textile art :-)