Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Camera

The top three photos were taken through my open lounge widow with a new 18x zoom camera. This was really a Christmas present, but I waited for the sales as I knew the prices would come down. It was a lovely camera, but I wanted to take Macro photos of my textile art and I just could not get the colours right. I was used to my two old cameras giving me almost perfect colour every time, especially the old tiny Olympus Camedia. So this morning I went back to the shop where I bought it and the manager was so very helpful and let me bring another camera home to try. What surprised me was the fact that he thanked me for bringing it back in such a good condition and this was only after few days. It made me think that some people must be very careless with their possessions!

Learning to use my new camera properly is going to be a very steep learning curve. this one is the Panasonic Lumix FZ18. This also has a x18 zoom, but I have had great success with my Macro and the colours of my fabric have turned out very well.


I was lucky to get just a tiny glimmer of the sun on the castle as it was a very cloudy, dull day. But I was very pleased to be able to get close-up photos of the castle from the window and I could have got even closer than this.


I'm very pleased with this one.


And this one.


This was taken at Rhos on Sea, a small local seaside town. I love taking photos of the rails on top of the sea wall and the concrete that supports them. People write their names in the wet concrete and I have many photos of these Autographs here which I find very interesting and I keep adding to my gallety, but this one just shows these lovely colours and was taken with my old trusty Camedia.

By the way, I hope you like my new colour scheme?

19 comments:

Momo said...

This photo with this rusty spot is so beautiful!

Linda said...

You must be very pleased with these images, paticularly as they are the beginning of your time with this camera.

Joanna van said...

You live in such a beautiful place. Just lovely

Carol said...

Love the new colours Mags, and some lovely pictures, don't we just live in the best part of the world!

Ruth said...

I like your header and your new colors are great but I'm partial to purple!

Lynne said...

Wow - the pictures are gorgeous. Can we have a few more sunsets please as I love seeing all those!

Doreen G said...

The colours in the photo of the post is amazing --I love those autumn colours

Sara said...

This is the year of the "new camera" for the holildays!!!! You photos are really good. I can tell - we both are going to have great fun with our new cameras!!!!

Pat's Place said...

Hi, Margaret -

Congrats on your new camera. I bought a Lumix FZ20 several years ago with it's Leica lens, 12x zoom, & 8 megs of memory back when it was VERY expensive. I've never regretted the purchase and love the camera. Obviously you are discovering the joys of the Lumix yourself. Have lots of fun and share all your lovely pictures.

PS I really like your new header! Great colors. I need to do that with my blog, too. Must learn how...

Micki said...

Love the new look. Fantastic photos, they are all great.

Barbara said...

fantastic photos and a very good outfit on your blog!
A Happy New Year!
Barbara

Feltique said...

I was absolutely gobsmacked that you have a castle outside your window. Lovely photos. Love your blog.
Krishna

Sue B said...

Mags these photos are fantastic. I can't believe you live that close to a castle, that is so cool!

Love the new color scheme :)

Susan D said...

Looking forward to seeing some more great photos. Love the new colour scheme, I found the black background a bit hard on the eyes.

Helen Cowans said...

You are really enjoying yourself here!!!! Have fun :)

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Hi Mags - Yes I prefer the new colour scheme ot the black... which was quite difficult to read on my laptop. See you nearly have sorted your rings out again. Well done. Not an easy task...... photos are great as always.
Best wishe
Maggie

Jacquelines blog said...

Great foto's Margaret!!!

Michelle said...

I just love it when you post photos of where you live - it's so beautiful! Your new camera is fantastic. I want one!!! :o)

Julie said...

I like your new layout Margaret. I find the black backgrounds are difficult to read and make the print jump about. Must be my eyes! Your photographs are beautiful. The new camera looks good.