Sunday, January 27, 2008

Taking it further

Here is a continuation of my Take it Further challenge January « In a Minute Ago work. I am screen printing, using the System 3 Screen Printing kit I bought recently. It's fine but I am rather limited in the colours I can mix from the blue, red, yellow, black and white. They all had a slightly muddy appearance when I tried to mix them together, but it was great fun. I doodled a pattern in curves and a few straight lines on a sheet of paper. Cut the pieces out of 3 or 4 layers of newspaper which was a bit of a struggle, 2 might have been enough, but I though if I liked it, I might need more for new screens.


Here is the newspaper stencil and below the bits I had left which should come in useful for later work on curves using a positive negative image.


Below are 2 prints out of the 24 I made. The first is on a space dyed fabric I'd dyed some time ago and the second is a small scarf I bought at the recycling shop. I'm not sure what I will use them for yet, but if I go no further I am quite happy. I last did screen printing 8 years ago and enjoyed it then. this time I think I will continue to play with the technique and maybe treat myself to some proper screen printing stuff.


6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Those are really cool - Another painting technique that I need to try!

Liz said...

Lovely, Mags - I especially like the ones on the orangey fabric...

Sandy said...

Your putting the rest of us to shame with all your experimenting. They are wonderful. Sandy

verobirdie said...

I'd never have thought of news papers that way! Thanks for sharing this experiment.

Gina said...

The pink/orange print is lovely Mags - very Zandra Rhodes!
Gina

Meg in Albuquerque said...

I like them, its so much fun to try new techniques. Screen printing is one of my must tries this year.