Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Embellisher flowers


I know we are looking at the same old moon, but this one is looking particularly good the last few nights against a perfect blue sky.


I'm making progress with Take it Further challenge February « In a Minute Ago. This is only a tiny corner of my work for this month. I'll always remember the first house we lived in, I wasn't born there, but moved in when I was a very young baby. We lived there until I was 5 years old. My mother was a keen gardener, but to my father gardening was a chore. She had mauve and white flowers cascading down the wall of the coal house and it was beautiful. She used the flowers to make wreaths for family and friends funerals. My original idea was to use my embellisher to create a blurry, mauve, white and green background and then create a wreath that would show up on it. But the embellisher begged me to stitch into it and this I did with a vengeance.


This is the beautiful birthday card I received from Lynda Purple Missus this morning. We both belong to the Fiberartfriends Yahoo group and this month we are both having a birthday. Last year Lynda made me a card with another lovely dress complete with the fairy, so this year she made another dress for the fairy. Isn't it lovely?

10 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love your TIF piece (so far!) and that's a lovely birthday card. That must have been a really nice surprise!

Sandy said...

Your TIF piece looks like a winner. That's a great birthday card. Sandy

Dorothy said...

I love both of these peices, and you have a lovely memory enshrined there M. Pandora is very cross that the fairy dress isn't hers! She says it is just her colours! grin

NuvoFelt said...

Oh Mags, your piece is lovely. You've got further than I have! Lovely card, too. Happy Birthday anywhen! Myfanwy x

Linda said...

I love the fme on your TIF piece! It makes the embellished work come alive

Barbara said...

what a beautiful flower piece...love it...

StegArt said...

That TIF project is looking quite gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Margaret the fairy dress is just gorgeous, ( happy birthday by the way) as is the TIF Challenge. My TIF challenge is very stagnent at the moment, I need to make a move.
Love the moon, it is pretty awesome Downunder as well.

Kim said...

We were able to witness the eclipse of the moon last night - lovely night for it.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your TIF.

Clevelandgirlie said...

Gran - did you see the eclipse last night? It was a breathtaking sight. I love your TIF challenge piece - is that embellished with roving??? It's lovely.