Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Finished work


Here is the Arch I have just finished for Arlee who suggested using Baroque art for inspiration with hot colours and copper and she wanted something funky. This is not all that funky, but it fits in with the rest. It was fun to make Arlee. It uses paper fabric I made especially for it, tiny felt rolled buttons I made and rolled in PVA then painted orange and then added some treasure Gold and machine made buttonholes. Some painted laces and ribbon, oh, yes and a stamp to finish.
This was based on The Laughing Cavalier by Franz Hals a Baroque artist in 1624.
Now I'm off to finish a page on Walking like and Egyptian for Alis Clair and a birthday card for Lynda and a postcard for Cyber Fyber.

14 comments:

Sara said...

WOW! That is stunning!!!!

Sandy said...

It's beautiful. SAndy

jordiw said...

me three.. I love that one!

ANNA said...

WOW - this is stunning!

Aussie Jo said...

This is gorgeous, I'm surprised you couldn't get some purple in there? (It's my favourite colour)

Sue B said...

gorgeous!

Ro Bruhn said...

Wow, this is fabulous, so rich and stunning

Liz said...

This is lush, Mags... I can just see some medieval dignitary wearing it...
Golly, you're being very industrious (unlike me, who can't drag herself off the computer...)

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely!

arlee said...

OO OOO OOOOO!!! That is SO mine--captured perfectly! Funky Baroquey and GIMME :}

Kim said...

Well done - love the black lace accent.

austin said...

WOW! That piece is gorgeous!

Helen Suzanne said...

very clever with the theme Mags. I love the button front and the lace cuff effect.

arlee said...

And even more wonderful in real life in my mailbox today! FABulous, Blossom!