Sunday, February 10, 2008

A misty day

Firstly I'd like to thank all of you who have been kind enough to leave comments on the last few posts if I have not been able to get back to thank you personally, it is very much appreciated.


Here at last is the page I owe Alis. She wanted a page with anything Egyptian, in fact she said Walk like an Egyptian and even though the one I have chosen is not a picture of someone walking I can just imagine Queen Nefertiti walking very gracefully with that beautiful long neck. It is made using the Xpression Janome Embellisher and I have tried to capture the sandy desert colours and the distressed shrouds of the Egyptian mummies. Nefertiti was printed on cotton and padded from the back. The patterned strips are made from plastic tissue and gold stretch fabric.


Today has been a vary calm and misty day and I took many photos of the estuary and castle. Below is a photo I took last night when the sky was very clear witha wonderful new moon. My father used to say it would be dry if the moon was like this, it was like a bowl and would hold water. I will have to watch the weather to see if this is true!

14 comments:

Sue B said...

That page is fantastic!

mrsatroxi said...

I love the photo of the moon, it's so romantic and peaceful.

Stitchety Grub said...

Wow! I love anything Egyptian too ... your page is just wonderful :-D
Verrrrry cool!
Britt

Sandy said...

NIce page-lucky Alis. The moon is a wonderful picture. Sandy

Micki said...

Fantastic page, Alis is sure to love it.

Kim said...

Love the background shades and texture - beautifully captured! Alis will be pleased.

Genie said...

Egyptian Page is Georgeous

Shirley Goodwin said...

Quilt like an Egyptian!

Ro Bruhn said...

My father's English and says the same thing about the moon. What a beautiful view you have and I love the Egyptian art piece

... Paige said...

We have many Egyptan things in our bedroom and I love the page.

meggie said...

I admire the Egyptian theme!

Isn't it odd, how different cultures see things.
Our paternal Grandfather, who I never met, apparently said, if the moon was on it's back it would bring rain. I wonder if the Southern hempisphere made a difference?

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful page!

Laura said...

What a wonderful Egyptian page.Wow!

Laura said...

Wow! What a beautiful Egyptian page!