Monday, February 18, 2008

Ton Schulten inspired


Just in case you think I have been idle I've posted a photo of my Ton Schulsen inspired work for the SerenTex Textile group. We were all given a page of a calendar of TS' work and we could use it as inspiration for any kind of work we fancied doing. I decided to use my Janome Embellisher for mine. See my Inspiration page here Digital Gran: Ton Schulsen It's a fairly large piece about 12"x10" and I have decided to make an ethnic type of shoulder bag. It has taken quite a lot of time to blend all the colours together using the Embellisher. I then cut it up into 3 strips. Then cut the middle one into 3 smaller pieces and put it all together again in a different order, backed with black felt. Then added some of the bright colours. It's far from finished, but I'm fairly pleased with it so far.

19 comments:

Fran├žoise said...

Ooh, that's lovely!
I must use my needle felting machine again. Actually, I want to use it for the Feb TiF challenge.

Helen Cowans said...

I thought this was a pastel painting to start with :) Must try the embelisher to blend colours like this.

Genie said...

Its Really Lovely,Definately Inspired. Jean

StegArt said...

It's beautiful Mags.

Sue B said...

Fabulous!

Liz Plummer said...

This really captures the Ton Schulsen atmosphere, Mags. I remember thinking when I was doing C&G that he really lent himself to quilting. I've got a gorgeous calendar of his works and after Feb. 29th I can use it again this year because the days match!!

Joanna van said...

Mags! I love this! I bet it must be difficult to part with.

Sally Webster said...

I love this artist and his crazy use of light. This will be a beautiful bag Mags

Laura said...

I just got my embellisher last Friday and have not had time yet to start playing. But you have inpired me!

Stitchety Grub said...

It's looking great ... I can't wait to see the finished item ...
Britt :-)

Kentish Maid said...

I thought it looked like a pastel drawing too - absolutely lovely. Really looking forward to seeing it finished.

jenclair said...

Gorgeous! What a conversation-inspiring bag it will make!

Kim said...

It's lovely. Looking forward to what you do next to it. I must check out Schulsen's work.

Kim said...

I can certainly see how his work inspired you... his colors are so vibrant!

http://www.tonschulten.nl/en/

... Paige said...

Very nice. & love the post cards below

Sandy said...

How nice and a great idea for the group to do. SAndy

Annette J said...

I really love this piece colours are subtle and evocative.

NuvoFelt said...

How could I have missed this, Mags. It's beautiful

corryna said...

What a nice piece of art. I think Ton Schulten would like it too. He also has an beautiful website. You can find it here: www.tonschulten.nl

Corryna