Friday, February 01, 2008

Zandra Rhodes Postcards

It's been a strange sort of day here and this is what the sky looked like around 4 pm. Very heavy and pinky at the back of the house, so I wonder what that will bring. Snow?


I have made three cards 4x6" again using my theme of Zandra Rhodes. The first one turned out too fussy, the last two are better.




I'm now starting to think of the next challenge which you will find here Take it Further challenge February « In a Minute Ago. I find a very difficult one, not the idea, I know exactly what I remember, but how to turn that into textile is my problem. I have a month to do it in, so I will put my thinking cap on.
In the meantime I'm getting my things ready for my Expressive Books challenge, but I still have a couple of things to finish first.

9 comments:

Ruth said...

So did it snow? I like the three cards - nicely done. The February challenge does seem rather difficult to translate to fiber but at least Sharon gets my brain going.

... Paige said...

Wow what a challenge. What to do...is a big question. I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Sue B said...

great cards Mags, I do like that last one the best. pretty sky - did it snow?

ANNA said...

I think your 'fussy' first ZR postcard is the best!! Love them all

Michelle said...

What an amazing sky! I enjoyed your inspiration series. Nicely done!

Karin Hammel said...

Love the postcards!

Waltraud said...

Beautiful cards! And I am also tinking about the next theme!

Dorothy said...

Hi M,
It just struck me that the sky is trying to emulate your ZR theme!, Now how did it know to do that?
very nice though and I like the postcards too.

Linda said...

I don't think you'd need to explain your source for these PC's to people seeing them for the first time. They shout Zandra.

As for the TIF I'm wondering what a psychiatrist would make of the fact that I seem to remember very little from when I was young!!!!!! Not a problem childhood - very early memory loss perhaps???