Friday, March 07, 2008

Focus


Here is the piece I am working on for an Anonymous Card Art Fundraising Appeal-Cerdlun for a well know art gallery in North Wales called Glyn y Weddw. Read about it here. I'm trying to create a scene which was very familiar to me as a child and no other view in the world compares to it. It is Snowdon, the hightest mountain in Wales from Nantlle lake.


I also played with threads on the embellisher tonight and I think I see something trying to come out here. I will add a few more threads to it tomorrow and see what develops.
At the beginning of January I chose a word which was to help my work through 2008, it was the word 'Focus' and it did help me to get lots done, but gradually I have drifted into my old ways and my little grass-hopper mind is starting to play tricks again. In the last couple of weeks I have started quite a few projects, but none of them are finished. I feel the need to get on with it when the inspiration strikes before I forget, of course this is no good if I never finish them. So I will say the word 'Focus' to myself now and then and see if that will get me back on track.

9 comments:

verobirdie said...

Your postcard is beautiful.
The experiment with threads and embellisher is very intersting. I see a woman leaning over a baby or some work? Hope you'll show us the rest very soon.

Sara said...

oh, this thread piece with the woman is great! I never tried to use only threads. you can always find something new! well done! and the card is also wonderful. the gallery will be happy!

Sue B said...

That postcard is wonderful. I see an image in those threads too. I can see a head of a woman and she's bent over doing something. I'll watch where you head with this piece with great interest.

Micki said...

Love the postcard.

StegArt said...

That is a very lovely postcard.

Helen Suzanne said...

a lovely embellisher pic of snowdonia Mags. I can see a woman holding a baby there in the threads!

Laura said...

Beautiful postcard. Really draws one into the view of the mountains.

Fran├žoise said...

A delightful landscape postcard!
Yes, I see a woman in your second piece. Love it . Can't wait to see it finished.

Kim said...

Lovely postcard - so very peaceful.