Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Glue gun

I must thank all those who have been kind enough to add a comment recently on the blog once again. Things should be back to normal shortly. Hospital visits every night are over and my sister in law will be home tomorrow.


Carol T challenged us to use our Glue gun to decorate fabric this month on Textile Challenges and here is my effort. I'm quite pleased with it and I think it has possibilities if I work on it a bit. The curvy lines were made with the gun onto baking parchment and left to cool down, I then chose some fabric that I had printed and covered it with some Misty Fuse. The cold glue was peeled from the paper and placed on the fabric with the MF and covered with another sheet of baking parchment, then quickly turned upside down without disturbing the glue shapes. Cover with more baking parchment and iron very gently with a medium hot iron trying not to squash the glue shapes. The bottom shapes were my first ones and I pressed too hard, but these also have quite a nice look to them. They have stuck to the fabric really well and I finished them off by rubbing on some silver coloured Treasure Gold.


This is a rather quickly made card I made with some screen printed fabric I didn't like, it's not one of my best postcards, but I'm going to send it to my friend Liz of Dreaming Spirals anyway as a small thank you for selling me one of her Gocco printing machines which she is selling on Ebay. I have wanted one of these for a very long time. I love Dijanne Cevaal's work here Musings of a textile itinerant and she once mentioned she uses a Gocco machine for some of her work.

11 comments:

Guzzisue said...

I've just watched the video about the printing machine, isn't it amazing!

Sue B said...

ooooooh Mags you got a gocco! I'm jealous, now I'm going to have to get one too!

Carol said...

Fab Mags, I love the top piece particularly. The colours are lovely. well done.

Liz said...

Ooh, Mags, thank you, what a lovely surprise!!!

Sandy said...

I see your curve again. It seems to fit splendidly in each piece. Sandy

bilsblog said...

I saw the gocco machine was up for grabs, but resisted the temptation! I'm glad that it has gone to agood home!

Nola said...

I love my Gocco but haven't played with it for a while. Maybe time to do it again...

Thanks for the reminder about string stamps, I haven't made those for twenty years and had completely forgotten them. I made some immediately, but haven't used them yet - next time I have the paints out. Thanks for the inspiration!

I'm loving your swirls.

Robin Mac said...

I love the swirls of the glue, shall have to try that again, it's lots of fun

MARGARET FIELD said...

I really love the effect with the glue gun. very good.
Plus i am soooo jealous of your gocco . Looks like i'll have to start saving.
PS Thankyou for commenting on my blog. i really appreciate it.

Heather P said...

A glue gun to decorate fabric?! What a wonderful idea. The results are wonderful!

... Paige said...

Very neat idea. Your March piece is wonderful.
and thanks for the gentle push