Sunday, March 09, 2008

Cariad Mam (Mother Love)

I know a few of you were interested in seeing how my thread painting turned out. I quite like it and I have called it Cariad Mam, that means Mother Love in Welsh. I nearly used the other side (the wrong side)as it looked a lot more delicate because I used white felt for the back.


I found this on Fan My Flame Gina's blog and thought I'd find out what my name means. I don't normally do these, but I was surprised how close some of this was to the truth. The first part has never been true, I have always lacked confidence, but I will always have a go at anything with my hands with complete self assurance. I have never, ever thought, I can't do that and I must admit that anything of a practical nature seems to come very easily to me. I do make my life what I want it to be, but I don't think I would ever knock down anyone who gets in my way as I'm really quite timid.

I have always been very happy with my own company, I'm not at all grumpy, but find myself getting more and more unsociable if I have a project on the go as I get older. There are so many things I want to try out and time is not really on my side. I wish I had been born about 20 years later than I was so I could grow with all this new technology that fascinates me so much.




What Margaret Means



You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated.

You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want.
You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way!

You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.
You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.
You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.

You are deeply philosophical and thoughtful. You tend to analyze every aspect of your life.
You are intuitive, brilliant, and quite introverted. You value your time alone.
Often times, you are grumpy with other people. You don't appreciate them trying to interfere in your affairs.

You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.
You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.
At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.
You are a seeker. You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life.
You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. You're most comfortable when you're far away from home.
You are quite passionate and easily tempted. Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble.

15 comments:

Ruth said...

Your thread painting is beautiful and so appropriately named.

Helen Suzanne said...

lol the thought of you knocking anyone down at all Mags is quite unbelievable! Interesting word Cariad... maybe like our "charaid" as in A charaid chòir - kind friend?

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

You and me both Mags! I thought we were a pair of pearls!

Best Wishes
Maggie

verobirdie said...

Your thread painting turned out gorgeous. Especially the looks of both the mom and baby. Great work.
Now I'm on my way to see what my name means.

Sue B said...

Mags that thread painting is fabulous! I love how that came out.

Pat said...

The thread paper is just delightful, wonderful expression.

Alis said...

I love your thread painting Mags. Beautiful.

Laura said...

Your thread painting turned out really well.

Gina said...

I love your thread painting Mags - it's beautiful.
I shouldn't tell you this but Stewart was laughing about the name thing on my blog last night so we typed in his name and it is vitually identical to yours - except it also said he was suave and sexy which of course went straight to his head!

Micki said...

Love the thread painting. It is so lovely.

Françoise said...

She's beautiful.
It's strange, but Francoises and Margarets have a lot in common in this test...

Dianne said...

Your thread painting is fantastic - love it!!

Kim said...

Beautiful threadwork Mags - delicate and free.

mrsatroxi said...

Mags, that thread painting is one of the lovelier things I have seen.

Maureen said...

Mags
I loved your mother love.....just think,another 12 days and it will be 9 months to Christmas.
I tried your "what's in a name" and oh dear,how wrong did they get it........I'm of Celtic/Irish blood BTW....and born under the sign of the crab..........most interesting :-)