Sunday, March 23, 2008

March TIF

I have just spent an hour relaxing in my workroom after my hospital visit tonight.


I decided to paint the corners on my TIF challenge piece. The original intention was to make a stamp, but as I don't have a lot of time just now it was easier to paint the black squares, then I'll free motion embroider them. The top one is the small bottom right hand corner and the one below will go to the top left. I think this would make a good box lid perhaps or maybe another bag? (grin)


I was searching for a suitable stamp so I thought I'd take a photo of some of my home made ones to show you. I don't always wash my stamps when they are made out of string and glued on with PVA as it comes off. The Acrylic paint dries and seals it. Can you see the yellow cat? That is quite old by now as I made it for my granddaughter to stamp with and she'll be 18 this year. How time flies.

10 comments:

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

wow! what cool stamps. did you make these? if yes, how? what pretty colors on the stamps, i'm glad you don't wash them off.

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

the next time you make a stamp out of string, will you show a photo demo on your site? thanks,
Leah

Sandy said...

TIf is coming along nicely. Great stamps. Sandy

Margaret S said...

Hi, I have just been nominated for an award by Barbara of Embroidery Overlaps as a blog that’ brings her inspiration and makes her appreciate the blogosphere’, and of course I have to do the same to 10 blogs that do it for me! You therefore meet the criteria that I would expect of such a blog. So consider yourself well and truly nominated!!!!!!!!! And if you have the time please do the same for 10 other such inspiring sites. Although time consuming it has made me look critically at my ‘favourites’ with a different eye. XXX MargaretS

Kim said...

I like the painted burst of color, it nicely compliments the straight lines of the ribbons.

... Paige said...

I agree, I would love to see photos of how you make your string stamps, or maybe a process to let us in on your process.
thanks in advance

Laura said...

Love your stamps Margaret!Isn't it just the best fun to make them yourself. And, as you know, I'm quite partial to painting on fabric (LOL)

Elizabeth in NM said...

Your stamps are fantastic! What a great way to make it your own. I am starting to experiment with stamps, and yours are very inspirational to me!

Micki said...

I like what you have done so far. Your stamps are cool.

Clevelandgirlie said...

Hi Gran - what a formidable collection of stamps you have here - and all homemade. Those are awesome. Your Take it Further challenge looks great love the painting in the corners - really adds dimension.