Sunday, March 16, 2008

More wonderful textiles

Thanks to everyone who showed their appreciation of Mary's work. I will try and persuade her to let me take proper photos of some of her work. These were taken at a talk she gave the Embroiderers' Guild.
I have another feast for you tonight, this time Joan (Park)'s work. Joan is also a member of SerenTex who is also featured in the next issue of Fibre & Stitch.

Please enlarge these photos to see the work at it's best.


I have chosen a few examples of Joan's work to show you what a variety of techniques she uses. I might let you see some more before long!


This is a wonderful 3D piece that looks like large shells.


This mask is so delicate and beautiful.


This is an example of Joan's dolls and I love him, he looks such a character. Just look at those feet and hands. This is just what I awlays imagined what one of the little people would look like.

10 comments:

Sue B said...

fabulous, all of it just fabulous. That mask is amazing.

Vicki W said...

Now there's some SERIOUS talent!

hippopip said...

What fantastic talent Joan has and very varied, many thanks for your kind comments Pippa

Sandy said...

WOW! She's some talent. SAndy

... Paige said...

Great work. I really like the mask, she has a star in her eye.

Micki said...

Wonderful work. Love the mask. Thanks for sharing.

Stitchety Grub said...

Fabulous work... you have a very clever friend... thank yo ufor showing her work
Britt Western Australia :D

MargaretR said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments on Joan's work. I will certaily carry the message to her.

Kim said...

The doll is wonderful. I like the way she crafted the eyes.

Angelines Artero said...

The flower is fantastic