Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pale green


After reading Helen's Journal here tonight I had to post twice the same day. I never do this normally.

When I was a child I used to go and stay with my Nain regularly and her kitchen walls used to fascinate me. I hated that colour so much, but I loved where it had chipped here and there by someone carrying something carelessly through, there was a lovely terracotta colour underneath. My mother had the job of re-colouring the kitchen every spring for Nain. But as soon as it was done another chip appeared! I wonder if I had something to do with this?

I have never met anyone with a green face, but that is what happened here and I love it! If you would like to see more about this quilted page have a look here Digital Gran: Fragile Fragments page 1


I created the first design in PSP9.

6 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

A touch of sea-sickness, perhaps? Or envy?

Sandy said...

I like the green. It has an antique quality. Good piece. Sandy

Fran├žoise said...

That green must have been popular at that time. I have memories of a similar colour from my grand-parents' house too...
Your piece is very nice btw!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I'm not very fond of green but the terracotta just wouldn't be as brilliant without it! Love both pieces.

Angelines Artero said...

I love it because the green is my favorite colour