Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Progress

I'm posting what I have been 'playing' with today. I know Zandra Rhodes would never, ever have started anything with a black background, or would she? Well that's what I did today. You can see the piece that I screen printed and over printed with home made stamps and acrylic paints. I only started this as the muse seemed to have gone on holiday and I needed a kick-start. Just goes to show - I really enjoyed it. This is about 10" square. I was going to turn it into postcards, but I think I will make another piece and make a bag with it.




This led me on to using my Embellisher. I need to make a small work of art for an auction and I thought I'd try and work something from memory. It's Snowdon from Nantlle lake, the most beautiful view in the world! I was brought up here. Unfortunately one side of the valley is scarred with slate quarries. Richard Wilson made this view famous when he painted it in the 19th century(I think). The painting now hangs in the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Maggie, I love what you've done! It looks as if you had fun doing it.

Sue B said...

That will make a very cool bag!

Fran├žoise said...

I like this piece of work. But if you make a bag, maybe you'll have to make a matching hat too. No?

Sandy said...

Those curves are so graceful, and you are really being inspired by them. Sandy

Genie said...

Lovely work as always
Jean

Gina said...

The black background works well and makes the pink really glow. That will make a super bag Mags.
One of these days I'll finish my Zandra doll!