Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wonderful textiles

As I have nothing new of my own to show you tonight I thought I would give you a little taster of the work of a friend of mine. She is Mary (Spence) a member of the SerenTex textile group that I belong to. Mary has done a lot of travel in recent years and one of her favourite destinations is India and this work is the result of some of those visits. Mary is writing an article for Issue 4 of Fibre & Stitch and that is something for us all to look forward to


This is a wonderful felted and embellished piece of work based on Elephants.


I'm sorry I can only let you see part of all these wonderful works of art as they were laid one on top of the other on the worktop. But it's enough to whet your appetites for more I'm sure. I will have to persuade Mary to let me take photos of each one separately for you another time.


Here is another beauty!


And here is Mary herself explaining how she developed this piece art.

12 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

amazing Mags, she certainly does some wonderful pieces. It would be lovely to see more :D

juanita sim said...

Thanks for showing pictures of Mary's work. I feel especially inspired by the elephant quilt at the top.

Genie said...

Hi Mags. Mary,s work is lovely would like to see more.

Sue B said...

gorgeous work. That elephant piece is amazing. She is a gifted artist.

Stephanie Pettengell said...

I just love the elephant piece, please ask Mary if we can see more.

Fran├žoise said...

These are beautiful pieces of work. I would love to see them in real one day!

Jacquelines blog said...

Beautiful work, I wish I could see them for real!

Angelines Artero said...

It's a wonderful work, and she will have a lot of luck because elephant is the luck animal.
Tranks for your splendid blog.

Ro Bruhn said...

What brilliant work, this is one amazing artist, thanks for sharing

verobirdie said...

Really wonderful. I too would like to see more.

Kim said...

Mary's work is stunning. Her passion is evident in her work.

downunderdale said...

Mary's work is quite wonderful, Mags