Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ann Rogers

Last night we had a wonderful talk at the North Wales Branch of the Embroiderers Guild. The guest speaker was a lady called Ann Rogers from the Wirral. Ann gave a most interesting talk and slide-show about 'Spirals' and how they have affected her life. The four pieces of work she brought with her were wonderful and these were the only ones left from a collection of 40. All the others were sold at an exhibition that was held at the Heritage Centre in Northern Ireland.


This is the work I'm doing just now for my journal course with Sue Bleiweiss. I've just received Lesson 5, which is the last in this series. What a pity it has come to an end. But there's another class with Sue beginning soon Mixed Media Surfaces for the Fiber Artist

I am also exited to be doing a class with another friend Terri, this is her website StegArt and this is the class I have joined - Paper Quilting Explorations

I think I need to stay off the computer for a while to get some of this work finished!

3 comments:

Sue B said...

These surfaces look great!

Sandy said...

Sue's new class is so full of ideas that my head expanded to hold them.

Jackie said...

Anne Rogers is great. I love her work and i like her too. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Its allnew to me at the moment.