Saturday, April 12, 2008

Award

I am very proud to have been given this special award from two artists I really admire. The first to award me was Helen Alexander of hebart journal who is a wonderfully creative artist as I'm sure most of you know. The second to award me this honour was Emmy of Cramzy who is a very exciting textile artist and another great favourite of mine. Thank you both.


1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.

Now I have to follow the rules and award this honour to five other Bloggers I think deserve this honour.

Dijanne Cevaal Dijanne has been my inspiration for many years and my aim has always been to have a blog as inspiring as hers.
Sharon B of In a Minute Ago
I have been a fan of Sharon's blog from the word go!
Maggie Grey of magstitch must be high on my list. She's a fairly new blogger, but we all know and love her from all the work she shares with us and the encouragement she's always given me . Thank you Maggie.
Gina of Fan My Flame who is again fairly new to blogging but has turned out ot be wonderfully inspiring and adds a lovely touch of humour to my days with her lovely sense of fun.
Ro Bruhn Art must be added to my list. She makes beautiful jewellery, but I also love her colourful altered books and journal pages.

I could go on for ever nominating you all for this award, so I shall just thank everyone in this blogging community of ours for sharing and giving so much pleasure.


This is how my triangle is slowly developing!


Thursday afternoon was spent in Mary Spence's company and she brought with her the finished work of art she created at Plas Tan y Bwlch under the tuition of Louise Gardiner. I had only been sent a photo of the images previously so I had no idea how big they were, this one below is about 1 metre in width and 1/2 a metre in height. It is absoultely wonderful. No photograph can ever do it justice.

4 comments:

Genie said...

Congratulations on Your Award, Very Much Deserved,

Ro Bruhn said...

Congratulations Margaret and thanks too for awarding me. Ditto back to you, your work and blog are always so inspiring. Textiles is a love of mine that I don't get a lot of time to partake in. Maybe when I retire, one day.

... Paige said...

Congrats and I love the journals below.

Gina said...

Congratulations on the award Mags and thank you for passing it on to me - I'm very flattered to have received it from someone whose work I admire so much.
I love that piece my Mary - so much fun!