Friday, April 18, 2008

Embroiderers' Guild Playday

Yesterday we had a Playday in the Embroiders' Guild. Moya and Alison demonstrated how to make some of their favourite tassels.


Here is their tassel tree, not a very good image I'm afraid with the window behind it. It was very enjoyable, but unfortunately I had to leave after a couple of hours to visit my dentist.


Everyone was trying to get as many tassels as possible made in the time they had.


My friend Edith is busy as usual.


Here is the tassel I made at home today.


I know how much some of you enjoyed the stitched cartoons that were made in Plas Tan y Bwlch. Here is another one for you, this time made by Valerie Mary who has a website in the process of being built, but still worth a visit, it's called :: Healing Scarves ::. This cartoon has 'comfort blanket for' repeated all round the edge.


This is the cushion I made this afternoon for my sofabed as the seat was too deep and it made me slouch when I used my laptop. It has worked really well and now I'm sitting in a much better position. I love the fabric!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, looks like you had a lot of fun! Love the cushion you made. I've been reading just not commenting much...

Judy Scott said...

I love play days ~ Ive never made a proper tassel though. At our last branch meeting we all made Dotee dolls ~ it was lovely and really lighthearted. I love the fabric on your cushion too, Im always trying to get comfy! Jx

Sue B said...

Love that pillow fabric! It looks great on the sofa.

Annette J said...

Oh don't you just love these playdays!! Yours looks lots of fun pity you had to go to the dentist. I'm very taken with your cushion I know how it gets your back when you slouch.

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

great cushion! LOVE the fabric.

Jackie said...

Ohh! I have lovely memories of North Wales Guild. Say hello to Moya for me!