Friday, April 04, 2008

My 2nd Journal with Sue Bleiweiss


This is my second journal from Sue Bleiweiss's first lesson and I love making them. This one is for a friend's birthday and she is an artist. So it's an artist's journal with a pocket at the back to hold pencils. I hope she will take it with her on her next cruise.


A pocket for her tags. I'm going to write a few inspirational words on the backs.


Another pocket here. I live by this quote!


I quite like the way this page turned out.


This pencil pocket was an afterthought, so it's been made first and atached at the top and bottom. Now I can't wait for the next journal lesson from Sue.

13 comments:

StegArt said...

Oooo that so lovely! Great fabric.

verobirdie said...

This is a great gift. I like the little pockets and the quotes.

Dorothy said...

Lucky friend to get that M. Very nice indeed.

Doreen G said...

I love the colours Margaret.soo beautiful.

Stephanie Pettengell said...

That's a wonderful journal, Sue is just so good.

Liz said...

This is spectacular, Mags... you are going great guns now!

Sandy said...

Busy you. I like the journal and agree with the quote.

Di said...

Beautiful journal Margaret. I love the colours. It really is a great class sin't it? Can I ask a question? Did you stitch or sew the lace ostraight on to the paper or did you glue it?

MargaretR said...

I just replied to Di's question and then thought someone else might want to know. I fused Misty Fuse to the back of the lace, cut up the lace and ironed the pieces onto the pages.

Alis said...

Mags, I just love both journals but this is great. Your friend will love it and enjoy using it for sure.

Kim said...

Very nice. Love the colors.

jordiw said...

This is a gorgeous one. I have been struggling with my machine, but I will make it work, I referenced you when I posted my cover on my blog. Mine is a bit more 'rustic'... VBG

Hanna said...

It is a great journal. I love the fabric.