Thursday, May 08, 2008

April take it Further Challenge


I have finished my Take it further challenge for April a week late I'm afraid, but I'm very pleased with it. I've almost forgotten exactly what the challenge was by now, but it inspired me to finish work started more than 50 years ago. Sharon makes us think about different things each month often taking me down 'Memory Lane'. This bag is going to be very useful to carry my camera and sunglasses shortly. I did rush things a little towards the end as I need it on Friday.

13 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Margaret, did you cut up the beautiful hand stitched one or the machine stitched one? I must say it looks gorgeous & very usefull.

Tanguera said...

That shows quite the change. Read farther down and was relieved you recreated this--the original was just to gorgeous to cut up!

Sue B said...

I think this came out great!

Genie said...

Lovely work, Have a great holiday.

MixPix said...

This bag is so effective and what a good idea to copy the Jacobean embroidery using machine techniques. Bravo, and have a lovely holiday.

Carol said...

Oh it is lovely, I ove the squares, very fibonacci! It has really breathed new life into and old but beautifu piece of work.

fiona d said...

lovely - really eye-catching and what an imaginative interpretation of change

Nathalie L. pour Histoires de boites à couture said...

Thank you Margaret,for your comment on the blog Circle Design. I hope to see yours CD's, one day .... I love your blog.

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
I've so enjoyed watching your journal class progress. Each piece is just wonderful. Your latest challenge piece is also quite unique...really well done...insightful on so many different levels.
Susan
PS I'm hosting a second/final round of CYBER FYBER trading for new participants. Please help spread the word.

Jackie said...

Hope you enjoy wherever you are going with your sunglasses and camera. It will be noticed its lovely.

Laurence said...

Very beautiful
Laurence

meggie said...

Your bag is lovely.
I loved the Arches too.

Emmy said...

the bag is so wonderful a great piece of work