Thursday, May 01, 2008

Journal 4

As some of you know I have been doing a course with Sue Bleiweiss on making journals. It's been really worthwhile doing it. I loved the technique in Lesson 4 so much I decided to make 2 journals while I was at it. The second is almost finished. There is just Journal 5 left to make. Thanks Sue and everyone in the class for making it such a happy experience.


The photo is a little dark, so you can't see the leaves and squares very clearly, these were Macintosh inspired.


For the inside I used some wrapping paper I had saved but never used until now. I thought it fitted the bill rather well. The printed leaves on the inside were supposed to reflect the ones on the cover, but they were a bit more delicate. Never mind, we live and learn.

12 comments:

Sandy said...

It turned out nice. The journals have been fun to make.

Genie said...

Looks great.

StegArt said...

Love the results Mags!

Gina said...

The journal is lovely Mags - really like the design on the cover.

Heather P said...

It's beautiful! Love the MacKintosh inspired cover and the paper you used on the inside cover.

Alis said...

You know I really love this journal Mags. The cover is fabulous.

It has been a great course hasn't it.

Deb said...

This is really nice, Mags. I love the way you did the inside pages. I am loving this technique, too.

Michele said...

I love the colors! And the decorations on the front are a lovely touch. Great job!

sesga loves 1950s said...

Hi Margaret My welsh writing is hopeless ,so I'm going to chat in English .I am welsh but don't get opportunity to write it not since school .Well firstly I'm so happy to find a welsh blogger ,living so close .can you believe I live 2 miles from Tan y Bwlch .I love your work its fantastic ,and I love your blog please can I add it to my favorites .
love from sesga xx

Liz said...

Beautiful, Mags. My one is going along a bit slowly but I found some quite thin brown paper which works perfectly. The signatures are being pressed as I speak!

Ro Bruhn said...

What a beautiful journal, very professional looking finish

Micki said...

These journals are really great. I also really like your Angie Hughes piece shown a couple of posts earlier.