Sunday, May 04, 2008

Journal 5

I have just finished Journal 5 for my course with Sue and I'm so pleased with it. The whole course has been well planned and presented to us and I think most of have finished every lesson.


This one is made from denim with cut strips of a printout on fabric. This was the photo of a building that I took when in New York and they were then woven together roughly. There's a narrow strip of Misty Fuse along the centre of each strip, so the edges are loose and I'm hoping this will ravel and fray in use. The cords are pure cotton with beads made from strips of spare bits of denim with a backing of Misty Fuse rolled up and ironed down, then a small square of the printed fabric added diagonally.


This is the inside of the journal which will hopefully make me keep proper lists again. Usually when I keep a list I get a lot more done. This is the reason I have done so many things this week. There are quite a few more things still 'to do'.

12 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely Mags, what did you use for your signature papers

StegArt said...

It's great! I haven't started on mine yet. :(

Ati. Norway. said...

All the journals look beautiful! You did a very good job with the lessons!

Sandy said...

How nice! I have photos printed on fabric that I don't like-what a good use for them. They really add to the piece.

Carol said...

Oh it's fab, I love the colour, the cover and the beads especially.

Dorothy said...

I Have enjoyed seeing all your Journals M. Well done.

Gail P said...

Love what you've created! Thanks for sharing the journey with us!

Waltraud said...

A beautiful journal!

Jackie said...

You must be the star pupil! Lovely work..but how do you have time to write lists with all these blogs to read and write?

Di said...

What a wondeeful journal Mags.

Cathy W said...

Oh my Mags!
this one is simply wonderful!!! I need to scroll back and admire your earlier ones as well (meanwhile, I've only made one journal from lesson 1 -- I'm behind, as per my usual).

I do love your work!

Cathy

Linda said...

I've been catching up on my blog reading so hadn't seen any of the results of your journal class since the first 'padfolio'. It's been great watching the proportion of Sue to Magaret change as the class has progressed. This last one is soooo elegant.