Saturday, May 31, 2008

Two arches and journal

I think I mentioned it takes time for me to get back to normal after a holiday and this happens to be the longest break I have taken since starting this blog on the last day of December 2005. I think I'm back to normal, but haven't yet done any designing or stitching since my return, but I do have some wonderful things to share. I belong to the Textile Challenges, Yahoo group, owner and list mom Carol T
And we have a year long swap. We all make one arch a month and we send it to someone on the list. The subject I chose was Egypt (what else?) So I get an Egyptian inspired arch each month.


This arch was sent by Carol Rowland, Encaustic Artist Who also sent me this wonderful encaustic art printed card shown below of a beautiful Welsh view.


This is the arch Carol T of Taylor's textile trials sent me a turquoise Cartouche with Mags written in Hieroglyphics. Thanks to you both.


Thursday was spent in the workroom with Amy, my grand daughter who made this lovely Journal. the photos really don't do it justice and the back of the journal is really special, but unfortunately I had a bit of a shake when I took it.



11 comments:

Sandy said...

Wonderful work.

Gina said...

Lovely to have you back Mags!

Sue B said...

great arches and I love the journal! What a great job she did on it, it looks wonderful!

Genie said...

Glad you had a great holiday, lovely Arches and Journal

ANNA said...

Simply Wonderful - both your work and the work you have been receiving recently. Thanks too for my birthday postcard - a lovely surprise considering I had forgotten all about the group SORRY! wil make up for it soon.

sesga loves 1950s said...

Neis I weld chi yn nol yn bloggio.Mae yr gwaith (arches) yn hardd iawn, ardderchog.Mi rudachi yn lwcus iawn i cael nhw.
My welsh writing is bad sorry but I'm trying.
love from sesga xx

Penny said...

Lovely to have you back, I too try to take the perfect wave but it doesnt always happen and yes holidays do get in the way of imortant "work"

Helen Suzanne said...

Hi Mags, love the arches. Amy's journal is superb. It looks like she put a lot into it and should be very proud of it

Fran├žoise said...

I know what you mean by trying to get back to normal after a break...
Amy's journal is very beautiful.
Lovely arches too.
Looking forward to seeing your new work. Regards.

... Paige said...

beautiful work as always and glad you may it home safe and sound and rested.
Very nice journal!

Nola said...

Welcome home, Mags! I do like your Egyptian arches, and your granddaughter's journal is beautiful! Must bein the genes?