Monday, June 30, 2008

Art

I fell in love with this collaged painting from Etsy :: robruhn :: Ro Bruhn Art shop, it's not often I treat myself to a work of art, so I am absolutely thrilled with this. The photo does not really do it justice as the colours are far richer than this in real life.


Not only did I get my collage, but Rohan sent me lots of sheets of her hand decorated papers and a tag. These colourful works of art are the things that make me a regular visitor to her blog. Thanks Ro.


It's been my lucky week. These metal wall hangings appeal to me and I wanted one for my lounge. They come in many varied designs and yesterday I saw one I hadn't seen before and when I showed it to my husband, he liked as well and bought it for me. Regular visitors to my blog know that we overlook the estuary and there are more yachts there this year than ever before, so this object is particularly suitable.


My internet connection is making my life particularly difficult just now and it is very frustrating not being able to visit all my favourite blogs. Hopefully these problems will not last long and I will have to spend a whole week visiting blogs! I'm also busy preparing my article for Issue 5 of Fibre & Stitch and I'm concentrating on that this week.
Next week I look forward to continuing all my online courses. The latest to arrive is Sharon B's Studio Journals Online Class. In a Minute Ago

8 comments:

Gina said...

Some beautiful purchases Mags!

Dorothy said...

They are lovely M... lucky girl!

Ro Bruhn said...

Thanks again for purchasing my painting Margaret. I'm so glad you like it.
What a wonderful view you must have from your home. The metal yachts look fabulous.

StegArt said...

That's a wonderful piece of art. Lucky you!

Sandy said...

Nice art purchases. We had internet problems too-a real pain.

Aussie Jo said...

Nice wall art. It's so funny, We were at a friend's for dinner last night and she had one of these (silver fish) on her wall. The world certainly is a small place.

Judy Rys said...

Beautiful painting, the colors are very rich.

Helen Cowans said...

Beautiful collage. Hope you can get the internet connection working better soon.