Friday, June 20, 2008

Course work

Today has been a good day and I have covered a lot of ground. Below are some samples of work done in Dale's Embellisher on-line class. This has been a lot of fun.


I have chosen this piece of work as my Take it Further in June. The fabrics have all come from my stash and are reminders of various happenings in my life. Mostly clothes that I have saved and recycled.


This piece is the back of a sample using wool tops worked on cheesecloth.


I found it very relaxing stitching these samples.



I had just as much fun doing these coloured marbled sheets for my on-line course with Sue using Shaving foam.


I made a fabric background for my Daisy Doodles quilt with Terri on her online course, I then used PSP9 to quickly design some flowers and stitching for it. The next step is to cut them out and stitch them.


Lastly I did some free motion embroidery on one of the printed silk designs inspired by Zandra Rhodes.

13 comments:

StegArt said...

Wow Mags, lots of eye candy in this post. Looking forward to seeing how that background progresses for the Daisy Doodles piece.

Annette J said...

Mags they are wonderful I love both the embellished one and your Daisy Doodles. Look forward to seeing more.

Sue B said...

Gosh Mags it's all terrific! Love your embellisher samples.

Sue said...

A prolifically productive day - you've definitely got your mojo back, I'm glad to see!

Scrappy Cat said...

What wonderful samples you've shown. Question - how do you like Dale's Embellisher course? I've considered taking it in August and wondered how it is. (you can email me privately at csgebhart at gmail dot com if you'd like)

Sandy said...

You've been busy. I especially like the last one.

Laura said...

My, you had a good day. Wonderful when you're on a roll like that. Love the results.

Gina said...

Gosh - you've been busy! With some lovely results too. I especially like your embellisher pieces.

sesga loves 1950s said...

Mags ti wedi bot un brusur heddiw gwaith hyfrud ,mae hin bwrw glaw heddiw yma beth amdanochi ?
Dwi wedi bod yn gwneud shrines allan o paper mashe .

Dwi wedi cael hyd i tan y bwlch ar y cyfrifiadur mae cwrs da un mis Medi ,dwi yn meddwl am wneud o os gai flag werdd, gan Robin fo fydd rhaid warchod am y penwythnos.
Christine Benson fragile fragments wyti yn wybod amdani hi ?
edruch ymlaen I weld mwy o gwaith ,
cariad mawr gan sesga xx

sesga loves 1950s said...

Bod dim bot sorry mae sytllafu fi yn warthus does ddim spellcheck yn cymraeg.

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Please could we have a translation from the Welsh? I am going to a talk with Christine Benson in July, would love to know what was written about fragile fragments. Good to see you back and productive, Mags..... you have taken on a lot of on-line course.... enjoy.
Best Wishes
Maggie

... Paige said...

my goodness you have been very busy! Beautiful work.

Micki said...

Fanastic work as always. Love your embellisher pieces.