Thursday, June 12, 2008

Egypt's Pyramids

I am happy to say that I think the Muse might be on her way back, I can feel her giving me a light prod in the right direction. It has taken me longer than usual to recover after my holiday this year and it always frightens me a little and I begin to wonder if it will ever come back, but my energy seems to have returned quite suddenly and in the last few days I have been trying to catch up with a backlog of waiting work. Below are some photos of work I prepared for my latest article in Fibre & Stitch, Issue 4. I really enjoyed this project.


This was my final piece which is a journal and can be folded flat or used as a decoration. It would make a good conversation piece perhaps? I used the Expression Embellisher to create it.


This is a detail of the closure.


The inside of the journal.

9 comments:

Genie said...

Wow!! Margaret, it's lovely, your muse must have had a lovely rest as she,s come back with gusto.

verobirdie said...

Lovely indeed! Full of possibilities.

Judy Hartman said...

Your work is amazing! Thank you for your comment on my blog! Seven projects in seven days is definitely a way to unblock creativity!!

sesga loves 1950s said...

Mae yr gwaith yma yn artherchod Margret maen rhaid fod o wedi cymrud oria o waith .Dwi erioed wedi gweld dim byt tebyg or blaen.dwin falch bo chi yn nol yn creu.
cariad mawr gan sesga xx

Sue B said...

Glad to hear that the muse is back Mags!

hippopip said...

Great to hear that you are back in the land of the living, many thanks for your comment I will now get on with the enjoyable pleasure of reading your blog, you have been missed

Aussie Jo said...

I love the felting o your pyramid, it's so subtle, gorgeous

Annette said...

Thankyou so much for your comment Margaret.
I have really enjoyed reading your blog, such lovely photos!
The pyramid journal is stunning.I want to make one , now!

Carol said...

Hi Margaret I love the pyramids. The embellisher did well at creating the sandstone texture. I would think these would work as small sewing boxes too (etui)Thankyou for leaving your comment on my blog it was most welcome. I am glad your friend enjoyed our exhibition. It has been booked for the Quilt Festival at the NEC next year.Oh! I am very pleased that your muse has returned.