Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A free project


These very simple purses can be made using the free project on the Fibre & Stitch website. These samples were made using recycled fabrics, but I'm sure some of you have plenty of beautiful fabrics created already that can be made into purses, pouches or even small evening bags.

Yesterday I paid a visit to Coleg Menai, a local college well known for it's creative courses. I was not disappointed, the work was of the highest quality again this year and it always makes me wish I was 18 years old again. But as one of the tutors told me there is no reason why I could not go there to take an art degree as they have had 80 year olds doing well on their courses. If I did not have lots of other commitments that I enjoy I really would consider it.
The photographs below are from the Patchwork and Quilting, City and Guilds course. I was given permission to show you these photos, but it would be unfair of me to take any close-ups of this wonderful work. The tutor is our own Janine Jones from SerenTex, so can you wonder that they work is so good? She is an excellent tutor and there are still a couple of places left for the coming year's courses.




3 comments:

Cathy W said...

Hello Mags,

I so enjoy getting to know you through Textile Challenges, F&S, and reading about all you do, so I just have to learn more about you too, so ...
"You've been Tagged!"
(see my post June 12 post)
cmwinter.blogspot.com/

Sue B said...

What a wonderful exhibit, I'll bet that those pieces are stunning close up.

Sandy said...

Nice mini purses. It's a good way to use small precious fabrics.
Wish we had a college like that near here.