Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Serentex fun!


What fun we had this afternoon at our SerenTex meeting. There were only seven of us present and Mary(Spence) was teaching us to draw. We had A2 and A3 sheets and that is big! She'd brought plants and flowers to class and pastels for drawing. we started by choosing to draw one of the vases of flowers. I chose a vase of Cornflowers and poppies. For this exercise we were only allowed pencils and just 10 minutes to draw it all. Then we drew a single flower, but this had to fill the A2 paper, again using pencils only (and no rubber), we were allowed another 10 minutes for this exercise. Next we drew the flower using the pastels and no pencil, again in 10 minutes.


Mary then collected all our flowers after we'd had a few minutes to study the flower we drew before.

The next exercise was so much fun as we had to draw the person sitting opposite without looking at the paper at all. They are so funny and cartoon like. Then we were again allowed 10 minutes to draw the person opposite but this time we were allowed to look at the paper. I think the eyes were the part most of us failed at.
My partner was Rhiannon who is sitting on the right in the photo. Poor Rhiannon, I'm sure she thought she was prettier than that.


I had so much fun that I've promised myself to sketch once a day from now on and I'll consider a drawing class in the Winter.

9 comments:

Gina said...

Fantastic drawings Mags!

Sue B said...

Mags these drawings are great!

Genie said...

Multi Talented, The drawings are great

Dorothy said...

Looks like you had too much fun young M! Well done you.

Helen Cowans said...

Looks like a fantastic day :) Wish I could join you!

sesga loves 1950s said...

Brilliant drawings Mags,your seren tex group sounds great .
cer draw im blog dwi yn meddwl fund ar cwrs Christine Benson yn Tan Y Bwlch .Wytin nabod hi ?Wyt in mynd ?

Jackie said...

Well done.I used to be good at drawing and now I'm out of practice. Once that happens you become inhibited and don't want to 'risk it', so keep it up!

Emmy said...

looks like a great day have fun
I love the drawings

... Paige said...

Good for you, gonna take a class. Oh wait you are class.
Great work as usual