Thursday, June 19, 2008

SESGA LOVE'S 1950'S

SESGA LOVE'S 1950'S I am sure you will enjoy my young friend Sesga's blog. She is a Welsh speaker like myself and lives a short distance away from here, but we have never met. I feel sure we will do so one day.


Here is the smallest house in Britain taken especially for Cathy from my window this evening. Can you see the arrow pointing to it? It's painted red and has a white sign saying that this is the smallest house in Britain.

Tag - You're It!
I've been tagged by
Cathy of Winter Wanderings !!!
So... here we go.... the questions are:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
• I don’t remember what I was doing then, but I will be checking with my husband who is sure to remember. I was probably doing the same things I do now 

2. 5 things on today's to-do list:
• Reply to some important emails
• Start my next article for Fibre and Stitch
• Work on some of my on-line courses
• Post my blog
• Do some handstitching

3. Snacks I enjoy:
• Mixed nuts
• Biscuits!
• Cheddar cheese, especially with an apple
• crisps
• Yoghurt

4. Things I'd do if I were a billionaire!
• I wonder if billionaires have time to enjoy the simple things in life that I love? I don’t think I want to be one!
• I’d like to have a £100,ooo, no more than that.
• With this money I would probably buy a new top of the range sewing machine and probably another laptop. I would also love one of those Digital Photo Frames so I could have favourite photos rolling all day.
• I’d visit Australia again.
• I’d visit all the Knitting and Stitching shows and exhibitions advertised.

5. . Places I have lived:
• A small village in North Wales called Nantlle until I was 17.
• Away at college for a few years.
• Another small village in the same area called Bethel.
• When I got married we moved to a very tiny village again in the same area called Seion.
• Moved back to Bethel for another few years.
• When my sons were 6 and 7 years old we moved to a much larger area, still only 50 miles from where I was born.
• We moved to a flat with a wonderful view about a mile away and I hope to stay here for ever.

6. People I'd like to know more about:
I love reading about other people's lives and I feel I know quite a lot about some of you already by reading your blogs. I don’t normally do tags, but Cathy is a friend and we are both on the Textile Challenges list together. So thanks for tagging me Cathy!

5 comments:

sesga loves 1950s said...

O DIOLCH !!Margret !!
Dwi wedi bod yn darllen eich blog pnawn ma on ni yn dod yn nol henno i adael neges.
Mae gwaith anhugoel wedi cael i wneud mae pop un yn hardd iawn .

I adore all the work all the stitching and layers they truly are amazing .

Do you know of any good courses coming up in Tan Y bwlch?
Thank you so much for mentioning me tonight in your blog I was so honored.
Im trying to write in welsh but it is not flowing can speak very good welsh I am welsh, only I haven't written it since school.
You have lived in many beautiful places I know them .
thank you once more
cariad mawr gan sesga xx

Carol said...

Mae Mags wedi cael digon o ymarfer a cymraeg gwael da fi fyd! Dwi heb sgweni yng gymraeg ers yr ysgol chwaith. POst hyryd Mags, mae'n dda cael pobol arall sy'n siarad a gwinio.

Jackie said...

I love North wales Margaret,been to Conwy loads of times and when we were little we stayed in my Aunties Caravan there. I already told Sesga! Nefyn was our holiday place for about 25 years.
My cousin lived in Benllech and I used to stay there in college holidays.

Cathy W said...

Oh my, I fear I do not know enough Welsh to even try and say something witty (in Welsh) -- but I love the new photo of the red house! I did not know it is what you see out your very own window. I must add Wales to my list of places to visit ... one day! Thanks for playing Tag with me, truly

Kaite said...

I enjoy visiting your blog Margret and I noticed you'd like to visit Australia. Well Australia has come to you! I live in rural Australia and if you'd like to visit my blog you can see a little of it and my textile interests.
http://kaiteyarngarden.blogspot.com cheers, KaiteM.