Monday, June 23, 2008

A windy day in North Wales UK

I love the wind, so when I my husband suggested a run in the car to Rhos on Sea a seaside town nearby I jumped at the chance of a brisk walk.


But first I had a latte at my favourite Fortes milk bar. This is popular with tourists and visitors alike and is always full.


The advert that used to be stuck on this board must have been blown away by the wind, but just look at that wonderful work of art below. Isn't that inspiring? Made by someone sticking the notice on the board with glue. How clever is that?



I just love them both.




I needed some photographs to inspire an embellished piece of work for Dales's 2nd Lesson and I knew just what I was looking for. It will be one of these two, definitely.

When I arrived home and looked out at the garden I had to take this video with my little camera.

This is the first video I've ever taken, but I had to capture that wonderful windy day yesterday somehow and still just would not do it. those trees were waving about with such a beautiful motion. There must be a wild child in me fighting to get out. If you turn up the sound you can hear that wind.



I hope you will forgive me for using this straight from your blog Fiona loveFibre?
"A shout out to any members of the UK Embroiderers Guild who read this. Members have set up a webring The Embroiderers' Guild web ring and a Flickr group Members of the Embroiderers' Guild to share work and celebrate being part of the Guild. Please join in and spread the word in your branch and region :-)."

7 comments:

Sue B said...

great photos Mags and that latte looks yummy!

Project Neo said...

Wind in the UK must be different than wind in the southwestern US. Here in New Mexico when the wind blows we always say Arizona is just passing through on its way to Texas. We loose the mountains and it looks like we live in a big brown prairie. During the windy season, one wears chapstick at your own peril. You're likely to wind up with sandpaper instead of lips.

I'm also taking Dale's class and finally got lesson 1 finished this weekend.

Deanna

Liz said...

Ooh Fortes... .that brings back childhood memories of ice cream.... and it's still going... how nice that some yummy things don't change.

Gina said...

Fabulous photos - I loved that blue sign. Like you say, a work of art all on its own!

fiona d said...

I love all those tossing branches, how lovely to be by the sea on a windy day. Of course I don't mind you passing on the info about the Guild Members Flickr and web ring, I'm delighted.

Joei Rhode Island said...

I *love* the blue sign with the poster off...the glue reminds me of a map of an unknown island with reefs around it! Very cool!!

Glad you had a wonderful trip to the beach.

Joei
Rhode Island

MixPix said...

I love the photos of the leftover glue from the poster board - reminds me of coral. We're very windy here too near Carcassonne - it is called the "Tramontagne" - I like it that the French give winds names - you have probably heard of the Mistral - that's further East of here. Your little video worked well, and gave me some ideas for a wind piece - if there is time between beading and TIFs...the challenge is to represent the feeling of wind in an embroidery - I've been wanting to try this for a while now...