Monday, July 07, 2008

Bags

Some of you might remember that we were using Ton Shulten's work to inspire us at SerenTex a while ago and I have continued to design felt along the same lines, but they have now lost the Ton feel along the way and become my own. I'm using the felted pieces to make bags that I'm very pleased with. The next issue of Fibre and Stitch will have the instructions on making this bag using the embellisher.


The bag below was made this week using the silk painting inspired by the work of Zandra Rhodes some time ago. I always make a little prototype of any new design and this is one of them. The shape can be changed to suit but this one will be useful to hold my hair setting rollers, brushes and a small hairdryer.

17 comments:

Vicki W said...

Ooooh! Very nice!

StegArt said...

Fabulous bags!

Guzzisue said...

love the bags ( working hard on convincing people that I need an embellisher)

Genie said...

Beautiful!! love the colours

Ati. Norway. said...

Love that bag, it looks very nice !!

Gina said...

I love that first bag! Fabulous.

Carol said...

love the colours used in the bag Mags

sesga loves 1950s said...

Hello DG
Mae y bag yna yn hyfrud .
I love it it beautiful.
gan sesga xx

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous bag Margaret!

Carol said...

OHHHH yum! Da iawn ti!

Jacquelines blog said...

Looks great Margaret!!

Sandy said...

These are nice. I'll be looking for the article.

Fran├žoise said...

I love these bags. Especially the first one.

Julie Bagamary said...

Hi,
I recently found your blog and after looking around discovered we took the Daisy Doodles class at the same time! What fun!

Carol said...

Fabulous Mags. I love the colours.

Phyllis Duffy said...

Mags,
Can't wait for the next issue of F&S zine. Love the purse!
Phyllis

verobirdie said...

The bag is beautiful!
Guzzisue, you need an embellisher!