Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Working holiday!



These are photos of the view from my room here at Plas Tan y Bwlch yesterday afternoon.
The members of SerenTex, the textile group I belong to have been having a little retreat here now for 6 or 7 years, when we each work on whatever we want and learn from each other. Last night I was too tired to do much, other than give Joan a little lesson on PSP. Maybe we are all the same, but whenever I'm going somewhere like this I tire myself out preparing, usually taking as many things from my workroom as I can carry. But this year at the last minute I decided to leave many of them at home. Bringing my Computer, sketchbook and fabric to finish some bags I'm making.
Over on the SerenTex site I hope to share with you some of the things we are all doing.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, how lucky you girls are to be working together in such a beautiful setting. Looking forward to seeing some pictures on the serentex website. I also like your bags Mags!

Sue B said...

oh gosh Mags what a gorgeous area!

Angelcat said...

What a beautiful setting. I'm exactly the smae whenever I go to workshops I pack everything and the kitchen sink just incase, but sometimes less is definately more, and having a limited amount of things to play with always focuses the mind :)

Jackie said...

What a lovely place to take creative 'time out'! I know from Sesga its by the Ffestiniog railway, and I love that area.

Genie said...

Looks like you are having a great time. Love the bags.

Everyday Scholar said...

I'm in love, with your blog, your work and your beautiful country. Thanks so much for sharing.