Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Festival of Quilts 2008

Here are some more photos I took at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC. I'm ashamed to say I don't know who made these either, but whoever made them, they are so beautiful.
Now I have an apology to make here, as I'm not really a proper quilter myself but a 'Jack of all Trades' I may have been mistaken in saying that the names were not on the exhibits as I only looked for names on the first couple of quilts and didn't see a name. As the Quilter's statement would not have meant much to me I didn't look at them. But I will most certainly buy a catalogue of all the quilts when it comes out. You will be able to see a list of all the winning quilts here at
Twisted Thread: Featuring The Knitting and Stitching Show, Stitch and Craft and The Festival of Quilts

I was admiring this one with another lady, I don't know where she lived and we didn't share names, but we had a lovely chat and I know if we lived nearer we could have become friends :) She was going straight to a workshop and I took this photo of her, with her permission, as she was sitting down and told her to have a look at Digital Gran. I do hope she sees this.




The following quilt was just absolutely incredible and the kind lady who was stewarding was willing to show us the other side, which was just as beautiful. I hope you love them as much as I do.



My husband put some shelves in this wardrobe in my workroom for me this afternoon. Aren't they lovely? They will be so useful and I won't have any excuses for having an untidy workroom now!

5 comments:

fifiquilter said...

Your mystery friend is called Lisbet, a delightful fellow student on the current QGBI quilt judging course, from Denmark. She is also a beautiful quilter and enthusiastic photographer. Glad you enjoyed the show.

MargaretR said...

Thanks so much for that info Fifiquilter. You must also know Carol Clasper a Stitch in time, who is also doing that course I think? I searched for her at the FoQ. She was carrying a pink folder ;} I didn't see her. Pity.

Linda said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed FOQ - I must admit my senses are still reeling!
It's a moot point but the quilters'names have never been on display, to preserve the anonimity for the judges we're told.

FOQ is also a great place for making connections. I spent quite a while chatting to Gaynor, from Serentex, who I know through quilting!

Liz said...

You're right, Mags, there weren't any names on them. In fact, I was peering at my programme and trying to read it (I need reading glasses the last few years and have been resisting... naughty...) and half the time I couldn't see it properly anyway. The only ones with names on were the solo and group exhibits I think (like SAQA). In fact, this year I think they didn't even have the location on which they did last year. I THINK.

If you managed to take a photo of the number of the quilt you could link it back to the programme but that's all. I didn't take many photos.

... Paige said...

Loveley. Makes one wonder how they pick which side to show.